Packing for your stay
Life Path Health has designed each hospital to create a homely atmosphere where patients wear casual wear during the day instead of sleepwear.
The following items should be brought with the patient’s admission:
- Identification document (both patient and main member)
- Medical aid card
- Medication currently being taken in original packaging (chronic medication included)
Note: If chronic medication is not brought with, it will have to be paid for separately in cash, since the medical aid will not issue a second prescription for that period. Should your prescription change from the medication brought in, the hospital is obligated to discard the old medication while providing only medication as per new script.
As well as:
- Casual Wear
- Night wear
- Reading material
- Money for the laundry and tuck shop
- Cigarettes (should you smoke)
- Please leave items such as electronic devices, jewellery, excess money, and weapons at home
- Only one cell phone per patient allowed
- Bedding and towels are provided
Call our 24/7 Helpline @ 072 7900 506
*Please note that we are able to accommodate potential patients who have medical aid or hospital cover. We will be more than happy to refer you to an alternative medical practice (or medical cover solutions) if you are not covered at the moment.