Life Path Health’s admission co-ordinators at each clinic understand the concerns and challenges of making arrangements for mental health in-patient treatment. We listen to your needs and do our best to provide you with the highest quality of service. The admission co-ordinators will assist you on arrival with medical aid queries, accommodation concerns and catering issues.
Packing for your stay
Life Path Health has designed each clinic to create a homely (non-institutional) atmosphere where patients wear casual wear during the day instead of pajamas. The following items should be brought with the patient’s admission:
- Identification document (both patient and main member)
- Medical aid card
- Money for the laundry and tuck shop
- Any medication currently being taken (Chronic medication included) in original packaging please. If chronic medication is not brought with, it will have to be paid for separately in cash.
- Casual wear
- Night wear
- Reading material
- Cigarettes (should you smoke)
Please leave all other valuables such as cellular phones, weapons and jewelry at home.
Bedding and towels are provided.
Requirements on admission
- Pre-Authorisation Number
- The standard procedure if you have a medical aid is for you to contact your medical aid for an authorisation number prior to admission. Please contact the clinic if you are uncertain about this procedure. Confirm with your medical aid if additional services such as occupational therapy and physiotherapy are covered with admission.
- Medical Aid Membership Card
- Your identity document
- Private patients – Please contact the clinic prior to admission to arrange financing of hospitalisation.
Length of stay in the clinic
- Your length of stay will be influenced by the following factors:
- Your own progress, cooperation and individual circumstances
- The therapeutic team who will monitor your recovery
- Medical aid benefits
Limited parking at the owner’s own risk is available at the clinics. However, during admission you may not drive or leave the clinic in your own vehicle. We kindly recommend that a family member, friend or colleague accompany you to the clinic for your admission and on discharge.
Accommodation & Catering
The Clinics offer accommodation with an upmarket ambience and each bedroom (most of them with an en-suite bathroom) has a digital satellite TV, air-conditioning and lockable cupboards.
There are separate lounges for relaxation, one for smokers and one for non-smokers. All our clinics have a garden for relaxation, and some even provide a gymnasium for the patients’ convenience. Patients receive balanced meals according to a dietician’s recommendation. The catering makes provision for special dietary needs. All the meals are served in a dining room.